Families Beyond ConflictA Program for High Conflict Families
Remember that your children did not ask for this divorce, and they need all the help they can get to understand what has happened to their parents.
Remember that your children may not share the anger you have for the other parent.
Remember that patience, love and understanding is the best way to help your children survive this life experience.
What are the goals?
- To establish strongly shared values regarding the “best interests” of the child.
- Parents who chronically fight following divorce may have forsaken the best interests of their children.
- To develop information and skills in negotiation and in managing conflict in a problem-solving manner.
- To help parents resolve their conflicts outside the courtroom.
What are the learning objectives?
- To become more informed about the impact of divorce and separation on parents and children.
- To develop a better understanding of dealing with conflict.
- To become more aware of communication styles and ways to improve communication among all adults involved in children’s lives.
What should I expect?
Participants meet in a small interactive group with other parents for six consecutive weeks.
One trained facilitator will begin the course with a program overview, a brief discussion, and two videos that illustrate the impact of divorce and conflict on children.
The last five classes involve reading and exercises to demonstrate effective problem-solving and conflict resolution. Methods include role-playing, reading and discussion. The belief is, if behavior changes and constructive rewards follow, the negative behavior will disappear.
The cost is $200 per attendee, payable before the first class by money order only, made payable to Family Focus Inc. and mailed to 660 Morthland Dr., Valparaiso, IN 46385.
It is imperative that you are on time, complete the full twelve hours, and pay the fee. If you do not satisfy the course requirements, the court will be notified.
Please note, security is provided.
Child care is NOT provided.
Do NOT bring children to the group.
All individuals are accepted regardless of race, age, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry or status as a veteran. The program is non-sectarian in nature and religious activities are not included in the services provided.
Family Focus, Inc. accepts contributions, memorials, and gifts. Please make checks payable to Family Focus, Inc. and mail to 660 Morthland Dr., Valparaiso, IN 46385. All contributions, memorials and gifts are welcome and are tax deductible.